When the Landowner finally sent his son to, “Collect his portion of the crop,” he suggested, “They will respect my son”.
When the tenants saw his son, “They said to themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him and get his inheritance!’ So they seized him, threw him out of the vineyard, and killed him”. (Matthew 21:37-39)
What would I have done as a tenant? Would I have stood up in front of my fellow tenants, demanded they act justly and pay their debts?
All debts will have to be repaid one day!
Lord Jesus, forgive me my short-sightedness in this life, have mercy on me a sinner and give me the strength to see only You in my words, works and actions today.
Prayer: Victims of War (Pope St John Paul II)
To You, creator of nature and humanity, of truth and beauty, I pray:
- Hear my voice, for it is the voice of the victims of all wars and violence among individuals and nations;
- Hear my voice, for it is the voice of all children who suffer and who will suffer when people put their faith in weapons and war;
- Hear my voice, when I beg you to instil into the hearts of all human beings the vision of peace, the strength of justice and the joy of fellowship;
- Hear my voice, for I speak for the multitudes in every country and in every period of history who do not want war and are ready to walk the road of peace;
- Hear my voice, and grant insight and strength so that we may always respond to hatred with love, to injustice with total dedication to justice, to need with the sharing of self, to war with peace.
O God, hear my voice and grant to the world your everlasting peace.
|Music: Make Me A Channel…|
… listen, reflect and enjoy.
|Today’s Full Readings:|
|Fr John’s Weekly:|
Almighty God, thank you for this new day. Bless me and keep me safe.