Jesus’ description of our judgement day was stark!
He said to his disciples, “I tell you, in that night there will be two people in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. There will be two women grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left”. (Luke 17:34-35)
Jesus is love; love only Him; there you will find true happiness.
“O Sacred Heart of Jesus, fountain of eternal life, Your Heart is a glowing furnace of Love. You are my refuge and my sanctuary.” (St Gertrude)
Prayer: Victims of War (Pope St John Paul II)
To You, creator of nature and humanity, of truth and beauty, I pray:
- Hear my voice, for it is the voice of the victims of all wars and violence among individuals and nations;
- Hear my voice, for it is the voice of all children who suffer and who will suffer when people put their faith in weapons and war;
- Hear my voice, when I beg you to instil into the hearts of all human beings the vision of peace, the strength of justice and the joy of fellowship;
- Hear my voice, for I speak for the multitudes in every country and in every period of history who do not want war and are ready to walk the road of peace;
- Hear my voice, and grant insight and strength so that we may always respond to hatred with love, to injustice with total dedication to justice, to need with the sharing of self, to war with peace.
O God, hear my voice and grant to the world your everlasting peace.
|Music: Make Me A Channel…|
… listen, reflect and enjoy.
|Today’s Full Readings:|
|Fr John’s Weekly:|
Almighty God, thank you for this new day. Bless me and keep me safe.