As frequent crowds gathered to see Jesus during his early ministry, the disciples followed and listened.
Although the atmosphere was often one of joy and celebration, Jesus also occasionally reminded his disciples that, “The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men”. (Luke 9:44)
What did the disciples think on hearing Jesus’ prophecy?
Interestingly, they didn’t understand Jesus’ warning of personal rejection and persecution. Later, they did; they witnessed his arrest and death but also his resurrection!
Lord Jesus, I am also often blind to the messages of your Gospel? Increase in me, my understanding and unravel my questions and troubles.
Prayer: Victims of War (Pope St John Paul II)
To You, creator of nature and humanity, of truth and beauty, I pray:
- Hear my voice, for it is the voice of the victims of all wars and violence among individuals and nations;
- Hear my voice, for it is the voice of all children who suffer and who will suffer when people put their faith in weapons and war;
- Hear my voice, when I beg you to instil into the hearts of all human beings the vision of peace, the strength of justice and the joy of fellowship;
- Hear my voice, for I speak for the multitudes in every country and in every period of history who do not want war and are ready to walk the road of peace;
- Hear my voice, and grant insight and strength so that we may always respond to hatred with love, to injustice with total dedication to justice, to need with the sharing of self, to war with peace.
O God, hear my voice and grant to the world your everlasting peace.
|Music: Make Me A Channel…|
… listen, reflect and enjoy.
|Today’s Full Readings:|
|Fr John’s Weekly:|
Almighty God, thank you for this new day. Bless me and keep me safe.